Bring on the fall family fun! The afternoon temperatures might tell us we are getting ahead of ourselves, but we are bursting with enthusiasm for fall fun. Here is our round-up of ways to celebrate fall around Tyler and Lindale.
Pack in some fun at a pumpkin patch!
What is more fitting for the season than visiting a farm, picking the perfect pumpkin, and snapping a family picture for your memories? We’re pretty sure this is top of most lists for family fun in the fall and we’re lucky that East Texas has an assortment of options.
– Golden Hour Garden: Here you can pick homegrown pumpkins, but take note that in the Spring you can pick strawberries and fresh flowers!
– Calie’s Acre: Located in Gilmer this place is a one-stop shop for fall fun. Open 7 days a week during the month of October.
– Yesterland Farms: Many families have made it a fall tradition to visit Yesterland farms because who doesn’t love picking pumpkins, finding their way through a corn maze, and riding fun rides?
Go camping or take a hike! Enjoy a night or two sleeping under the stars, making smores, and enjoy some leisurely family time at Tyler State Park. They also have day passes for those who prefer their own bed at night!
Enjoy outdoor activities & shopping!
– Lindale Countryfest: Stroll through arts and crafts booths, gobble a turkey leg, enjoy live entertainment from 9:00 am-4:00 pm on October 9th.
– East Texas State Fair: This only runs until October 3rd, but there are endless options for family fun here. Where else can you find a refurbished double-decker bus that serves cupcakes or watch sea lions perform?!
– First Monday Trade Days: If you have never been to the world’s largest flea market the fall is a great time to visit. Open 9/30-10/3.
Eat your way through the Fall!
– Texas Monthly Road Trip Pit Stop at Stanley’s! Enjoy an afternoon of the best barbeque in East Texas. This is a family-friendly affair with live music and eats from pitmasters all over the state. Mark your calendars for Sunday, October 10 from 12 pm-4 pm.
– Take advantage of this amazing patio weather and take a night off of cooking eat. Some of our family favorite patios are:
o Fresh Grill and Patio
o The Forge in Ben Wheeler
o Brisket Love in Lindale
o The Grove
– Gather friends and family and make memories while trying some tasty fall treats.
o Make s’mores
o Try a new soup
o Create a caramel apple bar
o Roast pumpkin seeds
Fall activities and MORE!
– In my opinion, no one is better at amazing activities than Busy Toddler. She has an awesome round-up of fall activities for toddlers and preschoolers.
– DIY Leaf crown because collecting colorful leaves is fun so why not make a crown out of them?!
– Spend your Friday night at a football game.
– Paint or carve a pumpkin.
– Go on a picnic.
Much could be added to this list and we hope you make the most of this amazing weather while creating amazing memories with friends and family. Our prayer for you is that the changing of the seasons would be a call to delight in God and leave you in awe of His power and creativity.
Looking for a community or someone to grab coffee with who is in a similar life season? We’d love to connect with you and get to know you better! Below you will find a few people that can’t wait to meet you, shoot us an email so we can make a plan!
Tyler OJ Campus
Teresa Ator: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bethanie Tayler: email@example.com
Tyler UB Campus
Max Heller: firstname.lastname@example.org
Molly Pontius: email@example.com
Debra Kirby: firstname.lastname@example.org